Saturday, 6 June 2020

UNPARALLEL SIDES OF A COIN



UNPARALLEL SIDES OF A COIN

 I worked hard……to be first in the race,
Society applauded me for my success.

I was overwhelmed as I got attention,
Until a day...when there came another pretention.

I came outside and no one noticed me,
The same hands were thundering claps....but not for me.

I was shadowed and my efforts were meaningless,
May be I was confused between success and happiness.

I sat in solitude with my sorrow,
As if road to my success had become narrow.

A coin brings happiness and success on both sides,
You get both…but singly can see only one of its sides.

The society decides our success,
But our soul decides the happiness.

Work for your soul and forget the society,
Because society gives judgments of a lot of variety.

Do the work that brings you happiness,
As your life is for you…not for the society to impress.

Stop being tossed always…now and then,
Stop this fight of justifying yourself often.

To make these un-parallel sides of the coin meet,
Keep up your hard work…never fear defeat.


- NACHIKET TRIPATHY



18 comments:

  1. Thought provoking work indeed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuch to log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna!

    Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karmanye vadhikaraste ma falesu kadachana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing piece πŸ”₯πŸ™ŒπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of u... Keep writting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi Thor Dak Shoone Ko Na Ashi Tobe Ekla Cholo Re... Do the work which gives you inner happiness & forget about the society .Go ahead alone

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really nice ..I Appreciate it. 😊 keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. This poem touched my soul. The meaning of this poem is very deep indeed. Really mind blowing thought. Your poem related to Reality.Proud of you dear Nachiket. Keep writing. God bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reality depicted amazingly..
    Waiting for more poems bhai.. Keep writing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reality of present generation.
    Beautifully penned. Keep it up πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt like my life is penned down in these beautiful line♥️. Am always proud of u n ur work 😍. Keep flaunting these amazing pieces of urs ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bhai indeed so true but somehow people jealous from the happiness too to kill that success need to answer

    ReplyDelete
  13. "...The society decides our success,
    But our soul decides the happiness..."

    Amazing lines and how true they are! <3. Good work. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep writing brother... πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete

UNPARALLEL SIDES OF A COIN

UNPARALLEL SIDES OF A COIN   I worked hard……to be first in the race, Society applauded me for my success. I was overwhelmed...